Sunday, May 3, 2015

Baby Hexis

Date:  April 2015

Size:  30 x 42

Pattern:  n/a


Best Buys / Special Fabrics:  The hexis were a gift from a friend.  The grey was a gift from a sister.

Lessons Learned:  Don't assume gifted pre-cuts are the same size (I do this often.)


Thoughts:  This is my first finish of the year (beside ten potholders).  I have MANY tops waiting to be quilted.

I love the simplicity of this quilt - it took a weekend to make because I laid the hexis on top of a quilt sandwich and quilted them in place.  The edges will fray beautifully in the wash.  I really want to do this again with different shaped fabrics - squares and/or rectangles.

It is quite likely LBCQ will be doing a show at the library again this fall.  I'll save this for the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment