Monday, January 18, 2016

Melon Peel

Inspired by:  Craftsy Modern Quilting class

Fabrics:  The grey was a Christmas gift.  The petals were from my scrap drawers.  The back was an amazing find at MCC.

Thoughts:  This is a quilt that's been on my list for at least 6 months.  

It's one of seven projects in a modern quilt class I took on Craftsy.  Sort of.  I mean, the style (melon or orange peel) was used in the Craftsy class, but I had no wish to individually appliqué 36 petals on to individual squares then piece them all together and blah blah blah. 


Remember the hexis I did?  Click here to refresh your rememory.  It was the first time I sandwiched a top and then added the details after.  I knew I'd need to do it again,


Note to self:  Hand positioning is critical if you don't want jogs like the oopsie above.


This might just be top five for me.  I really like it.  I'm a little annoyed by the shrink.  Either I needed to wash the grey a second time or my 20p / 80c batting shrunk a bit.


There it is.  I have two more from this Craftsy class to quilt - one is by hand and it's on a frame - it will be a while.  The other is ready to go whenever I get the urge.  When it's done I'm calling this a complete (because the hand quilted one will take forever) and starting a new course.

No comments:

Post a Comment